HAT Message Board

Post a reply || Back to HAT Message Board

Yankee Sportsman's Classic

Delete this post Submitted by Ed Gallo <edgallo@yahoo.com> on 23/Jan/2018

The YSC was a great event again this year. I think the nice warm weather we had negatively impacted the headcount but it was still a very busy weekend.

I talked to some of the FWD folks about a number of issues. I was glad to know they are planning to reopen the Bait Rule and make revisions to that. This is the rule that drives all the bait being bought out of Arkansas and the costs through the roof. I told the FWD person I think it is severely hurting ice fishing because it is driving the costs so high and making people nervous about following the complicated rules. I STRONGLY recommend people get involved and, at the least, send in an email with your comments. It really does help.

I am expecting them to take a hard look at the deer rules again and the AR's. I believe they are finally running out of runway and cannot kick the can down the road much longer.

As predicted, David Deen has introduced his Bill H.591 to open the State Boat Access to all users for whatever uses. I have already sent in a letter personally stating my opposition. I am crafting a letter right now on behalf of HAT and I know LCWA will be sending in a letter as well. The more people we can show the Legislators are against this Bill H.591, the quicker it will go away. If we do not speak up, forget about using boat launches without kids swimming and having birthday parties or whatever...

Don't forget about the Legislative hearing on gun control on January 30. The sporting community MUST show up. Wear your camo. Sign up to speak if you can but just showing up will be very important. Camo clothes and orange tells the world which side you are on and we need to impress these Legislators with NUMBERS....

Thanks, Ed

Replies to this post

Reply to this post

Name:

E-mail (optional):

Subject:

Insert styled text: Bold | Italic | Underlined
Disable styled text